Unbrick Hard Bricked MTK Phone
If you are interested in Android Development, or love to experiment with your MTK android phone, then I am sure, you must have heard or faced the situation of Hard bricked Android phones. When you disturb the and play with android system files, then there is a huge chance of the system files getting corrupted when this happens, you Android phone will get into soft brick which is also called Boot Loop (your phone won’t switch on and keep rebooting on the boot screen) or sometimes when the problem is severe your phone might get hard bricked (Phone will not even go to boot screen and will become like dead).
Flash Stock ROM
But the SP Flash tool is here to help you in all those situations. With SP Tools, you can flash stock ROM in MTK Android Phone, and solve MTK android Hard Brick. And in this article, we will show how you how to flash stock ROM in any MTK Android.
Follow the below steps to install stock firmware in any MTK chipset android device safely without any error.
- A Computer with Windows or Linux installed.
- USB Data cable.
- Vcom Drivers Installed on PC.
- Your Android Device in which stock ROM is to be installed.
- Stock firmware of your android phone (You can google the stock ROM for your device).
- SP Flash tool Latest Version Downloaded
Steps to Flash Stock ROM:
1) Download Your Stock ROM (Firmware) from a trusted source, the ROM will be compressed as a .zip file by default, Extract it to any directory.
2) Install SP Flash Tool and Vcom Drivers on your PC.
3) Now, remove the battery from your phone (if it’s removable if it’s not then just switch off the phone).
4) Launch SP Tools as Administrator you can do it by right-clicking on SP tools icon and selecting “run as administrator“.
5) Now to load your stock ROM into Smart Phone Flash tool, click on “Scatter Loading” and browser for a file with the following name format “MTXXXX_Android_Scatter” (You can even refer to the image below for better understanding). when you find it, just open it.
6) After you opened the file in the flash tool, click on the “Download” button in the top options. This initiates some process and load the full stock ROM of your phone in flash tool and will be ready to be flashed.
7) After the process gets over, connect your phone to your PC using a USB data cable (without the battery on your phone). And wait for a few seconds, if flashing doesn’t start in 5 minutes, try pressing the volume buttons. If it’s still not getting recognized by your PC, then insert your battery. This will initiate the process of Stock ROM flashing in your android phone. You will see progress going on in the bar at the bottom of the SP tool.
8) Wait till the flashing is finished, and a “Green Circle” to show up, which means the flashing is done successfully. And in some of the SP Tool versions, a tick mark will be shown as shown in the below image. This indicates the process completed successfully. You can remove your phone from your PC once this happens.
This was all about the tutorial to Flash Stock ROM in MTK Android Phones. If you have any problem while flashing your stock ROM, you can always ask us your queries using the comment box below. We will reply to your problems as soon as possible.